Sunday, January 22, 2012

SNOW DAY!

Finally we got some real snow! Happppppy! Forgot what snow brings with it though... COLD. haha I wish I could just have the beautiful snow without it only being 7 degrees out. 

Jacket and headband are both amazing finds by Max's mom, Janine! 


~Marybeth~
Shirt: Forever 21 (thrifted)
Shorts: Modcloth
Tights: Forever 21 (gift)
Shoes: Borrowed from Anna
Belt: Forever 21

The sudden snow storm didn't stop Max and me from going on a lunch date on Friday. It also didn't stop me from wearing shorts. Ha! We went to one of our favorite restaurants, Al's Cafe and Creamery. And even though it was freezing out Max and I couldn't help but order milk shakes, they are the best! I got a chocolate with bananas! YUM! They have the best food there, ever. Al's is literally my favorite restaurant in Elgin and a go-to for birthday dinner several years in a row. I highly recommend you going there, if you haven't already. 


Another problem with this snow is that I'm already a pretty clumsy person but when you add slick snow and shoes with no traction, you get a sad Marybeth after she fell on her butt. I've fallen a couple times already since the snow arrived on Friday and unless I walk slow and take baby steps for the rest of winter, there will probably be some more tumbles and bruises. : / I guess I don't really need to wear heels every where but.. you gotta pay a price to look good, right? hahaha!

Speaking of paying a price Anna and I are resting our poor toes and feet today after an amazing night in the city. We both wore heels and seriously didn't consider how much walking we'd have to do.. ha! But more on that later (with pictures!). I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the snow. 



Auf Wiedersehen,
Marybeth

No comments:

Post a Comment