Thursday, December 8, 2011

Movin' Right Along


Hello!
I am pleased to announce that I have lived 23 years as of this past Monday!!! And to be honest, it doesn't feel much different than 22. Or 21.. they all seem to blend together after awhile. Sometimes I feel like I'm old, and I think I'm cool. And then other times, I think about the things I haven't accomplished yet. I'm a recent college graduate and I'm living with my parents. I want to leave for South Korea this February, but the process is excruciatingly long. So in the meantime, I'm substitute teacher. But after Korea? I don't know what I'm going to do...

And then sometimes I remember that I'm young. I'm still so young, and I have my whole life ahead of my still. I have plenty of time to enjoy life while I'm living it. It can be exhausting just counting down deadlines; always anticipating the future, without focusing on the present. I am so grateful for everything I have. Or at least, I strive to be. I'm at my parents house while I transition from the academic life to adulthood. The best part is, we actually get along (most of the time). I love my family. A lot of other people aren't as fortunate as that. I try not to take for granted the things I have now. I can only imagine how tough it will be once I'm actually on my own: living dirt cheap in a small apartment with leaky pipes having only my cat to keep me company. And even then, I'll do my best to consider the bright side: independence, sustainability, adventure, home decorating..

So here's to enjoying your life!

shirt, shoes: thrifted, sweater: American Eagle, skirt: borrowed from Marybeth (also thrifted), necklace: handmade! tights: I don't remember.
I made this scarf/necklace out of an old t-shirt! I have a bunch in different colors. They're so versatile!

my winter look (it was cooold out today!) coat: thirfted H&M, knit hat: we've had it forever, it seems.


Until next time!
Anna

p.s. I've been listening to my new Muppets covers album I got from my boyfriend, Cole, for my birthday. I love it! I especially like My Morning Jacket's rendition of "Our World". I also saw the movie this past weekend, and I really enjoyed it. The Muppets definitely haven't lost their touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment