Thursday, May 2, 2013

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story

where have we been?
Oh my. We've been away. I've made a post. That's all I'll say.
(heh. it rhymes)
(no actual dinosaurs)

-Anna-
dress: Modcloth
jacket, belt, shoes: thrifted
tights: Forever21
i am NOT running around in these...
Hiiiii. I've begun my new contract, which started in March. One more year for me! And with the start of the new school year and now that spring is in full swing (uhhhaha), my school has had their annual field day! Ahhh, field day... A day to run around in the sunshine, putting ourselves in physical competition with our peers. I posted some pictures to my Instagram (jellybellydonut, btw...), and Bette commented saying how much she loved this event. I attributed that to her more innate athleticism... I, on the other hand, was not so coordinated nor agile. Although, for some time, I was a rather good sprinter. And my pinnacle, by the way, was from about 2nd grade to 4th grade. Then I let myself succumb to the majesty that is television... and other "sitting down" activities.

May 1st is actually Labor Day in Korea, and I had the day off! Although, I did have to go in and remind my co-teacher of my contract.... But no harm done. I wanted to watch the kids run around and perform routines anyway. They are so freakin' cute!
good ole fashion sprints
they had to run over to the cones, put on the character head, lap around the other cones and pass it off to a teammate. weird.
really amazing 4th graders
totally rad 5th graders
super cool 6th grade girls


These are the kindergartners who I teach as an extra class twice a week. They are seriously so cute. I'm teaching them the alphabet and phonics this semester. Some days (or some kids) it's like talking to a wall and other days, they surprise me with how smart they are! And no matter what, they freak out and hug me and talk to me in Korean and hold my hand, so I love them to death no matter how much English they learn from me.
parent piggyback game. blue team won!


And on that note, I'll leave you with these two adorable kindergartners eating cotton candy:


More to come!
... of posts...
but maybe kindergartners too...


BYE!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment